At A-ONE, we specialize in creating plastic injection molded tools and parts. Our machining and finishing services can formulate tools from several kinds of materials and in all major resins. Whether you need 50 tools or more than 100,000, we can create the tools to your specifications. And with our stringent quality assurance process, we ensure that your parts meet, if not exceed, your greatest expectations.
Plastic Injection Molding: An Introduction
The most typically used method for manufacturing large volumes of plastic parts is through plastic injection molding. How it works is through the injection of molten resin, under high pressure, into a metal die’s cavity. Then this part is quickly cooled and forms a solid shape. This whole process, depending on the complexity and size of the part, can take just a few seconds to a few minutes.
The Advantages of Using Plastic Injection
Plastic injection molding comes with several advantages including:
- It’s a stable production method with reliable results.
- It’s the most cost-effective method for quickly manufacturing large volumes of plastic parts.
- One single tool has amazing durability, lasting for up to millions of cycles.
- Parts can be created with superior surface quality and dimensional features.
- You can overlay parts with different plastics and other additives, such as UV stabilizers, lubricants, and fiberglass, allowing for more design possibilities.
- You have a myriad of plastic resins to choose from, which can be used in any application.
- Specifically, for the choice of plastic resins, you have several considerations which can impact your choice including:
- Mechanical strength
- Raw material cost
A-ONE Can Help with Your Plastic Part Needs
Contact us at A-ONE Today to Make Your Visions Come to Life
Have a product idea that you need to visualize in 3D? Contact A-ONE today to learn about our rapid prototyping services and how we can help.